MEGA MEDS is a free medicine management app that encourages you to track your medications through a game.
Earn rewards for tracking adherence to your medication schedule and logging the reasons why you miss a medicine dose. Then play against other users in the MEGA MEDS game.
MEGA MEDS Features
The MEGA MEDS app is free to use, works offline and requires no registration to use. It is currently undergoing clinical trial.
- free and without ads
- no in-app purchases
- requires no registration (no email address or name; use anonymously)
- works with recurring medications
- works with courses of medication
- works with ad-hoc medicines (as & when required)
- works across time zones
- works offline
- clean and simple user interface
- view daily progress
- calendar view of stats and logging streaks (requires internet connection)
- reminders to log your medication
- rewards medicines logging with in-game advantages
- rewards for logging your medicine adherence (even if you miss it)
- game is linked to adherence and logging of medication
- fun, one-touch gameplay
- avatar and character creation
- anonymous data; used for research to improve health & well-being
The MEGA MEDS app is currently in clinical trial with a NHS Trust in the United Kingdom as a study called “MAGE: Medicines Adherence, Gamification Experience”.
The study has been designed to determine whether using an app that makes logging medication fun can improve medicine management, adherence and ultimately positive health outcomes.
Mega Meds was made possible through a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) by the Department of Health Social Services and Public Safety in partnership with the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment and Innovate UK with support from the Health and Social Care Board and Invest NI.
The online research study has been supported by Innovate UK through a Women Infocus award. The award is around optimising research studies for mobile health interventions.
Get In Touch
Any feedback or suggestions you have are greatly appreciated.